# DANDELION ROOT
# NETTLE LEAF
# ST MARYS THISTLE
# LEMON PEEL
# LEMON VERBENA
# RED CLOVER
# CALENDULA PETALS
# RHUBARB ROOT
The liver is the most complex and metabolically active organ in the body. It performs more than 500 vital functions. Some of the important ones are
- It provides immunity against infection. Hence if the liver is damaged, infections are more likely.
- It is the factory for manufacturing most of the important proteins in the body, and also cholesterol and special fat forms called lipoproteins in which all body fats are carried.
- It clears the blood of most chemicals, drugs and alcohol.
- It excretes bile into the intestine. Bile is vital for digestion of fats, and also serves to throw out body wastes.
- It regulates clotting of blood by manufacturing vital proteins
- It converts and stores extra sugar (glucose) in the form of starch (glycogen) which can be used in times of starvation
- So look after it 🙂